Thursday, October 22, 2009

Welcome / Introduction

I'm an Architecture student and I am interested in finding out more about the relationship between Architecture and consciousness.

Archiecture:
I first got interested in Architecture when I saw the blue prints of my parents' home. I must have been 6 or 7 years old and my parents were overlooking their home being built. I was fascinated with the drawings; I was fascinated watching the house being built. I started drawing & designing doll houses, then my dream house as a teenager. When I was 16 yrs old, I got this unique opportunity to come to the US to take part in a Summer program. (By the way, did I mention I'm from Sri Lanka?.. Ok now you know) When I went back, I sat down and thought "wow, its a whole big world out there loaded with opportunities. What do I want to do with my life? How do I make these opportunities come my way?". So I sat down and decided I will put my skills, talents and interests together and figure out what is the best thing to do. That is how I decided I want to be an Architect. (By the way, I'm an Artist too.) It took me another 10 years to get to college and I will tell that story later. But, in 2007 I finally made it to college to Study Architecture. Currently I'm a lower division Architecture student at MDC.

Consciousness & related stuff:
(**Consciousness: The human spirit, intelligence principle, self)
I was born in Sri Lanka, to a very Buddhist family. My mother meditates and studies the Buddhist philosophy. I started meditating when I was 11 - 12 years old and I started studying the philosophy a few years later. I wanted to learn about human consciousness, about the next stage of life, how far can I go, is there a limit to the development of human consciousness, what are the things I can do with my life, etc.? Then in 2003, I came across the International Academy of Consciousness. It is a 501(c)-3 not-for-profit, volunteer based organization that does consciousness research and education. Armed with a strong global volunteer team, they take a scientific approach to studying the consciousness without and beyond religious affiliations. (Find out more about IAC here.) I was intrigued. I was already familiar with some of the concepts they were studying such as Out-of-body experiences (OBE), Past lives, reincarnation, bioenergy, astral body, karma, development of psychic abilities, development or evolution of the human consciousness, assistance and other related topics. So I took a few courses with them in their educational center in NYC and started volunteering when I came back to the US in 2007. I decided the best way for me to get more actively engaged in learning about myself but also assist was to volunteer. Then I met Nelson, now my husband through IAC and moved to Miami. He was a volunteer at IAC Florida Educational center and now we both volunteer here in Miami.

Consciousness and Architecture
It only made sense for me put both these interests together. I wanted to learn more about both these topics. I wanted to study and understand more about the relationship between these 2 topics. So here I am today, trying to accomplish this....

Share
During the process of learning and researching these topics, I would like to share the experiences and knowledge I acquire. I also have traveled a bit, seen and experienced the world a bit and have many stories to share with the world. So I decided to make this blog.

I hope you visit again to read more...

Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment